We believe that every student has the ability to learn and feel successful. Working with a tutor allows your child to receive a level of individual attention that’s difficult to receive in today’s large classrooms. We believe in working as a team with the parents, teachers, and student to meet the academic needs of the child. Often, a child’s low academic performance can be attributed to a lack of confidence and fear of failure. Tutoring can help raise your child’s self-esteem as the student begins to experience success. Although providing remediation is a vital part of tutoring, we also believe in pre-teaching content material. When a new concept is introduced in the classroom, your child will have the confidence in knowing that he or she has already seen the new material. We hope to have the opportunity to work with your child!
- We believe in the art of teaching and the love of learning.
- We believe in creating lifelong, inspired learners rather than standardized test-takers.
- We believe in building confidence in conjunction with competence.
- We believe every child’s full potential looks different.
- We believe that every child has unique gifts, and it’s our job as educators to help our learners build on those talents.
- We believe in our ‘culture of caring’, and that effective tutoring is student-centric.
- We believe in teaching outside of the box to meet our students’ needs rather than demanding our students to conform to our teaching styles.
- We believe children mirror us. If we’re passionate about learning and believe in our students, they begin to develop enthusiasm and belief in themselves.
- We believe that our words are powerful. We know that the way children are spoken to can become their inner voice.
- We believe in developing authentic partnerships with parents and teachers to help our students.
- We believe that every decision we make must be based on what is in the best interest of the child.
- We believe in quality over quantity.
- We believe that learning should be fun and meaningful.
- We are professional educators committed to making a positive impact in the lives of students with learning differences. Our driving goal is to inspire confident, lifelong learners.
The A Step Ahead Advantage
- Customized plans for individual students
- Advocacy for you and your child
- Flexibility with monthly contracts
- Warm and inviting home environment
- Locally-owned and operated