Summer tutoring can be the difference for your child next year. How? Read on!
If your child has struggled this school year, summer tutoring helps them catch up.
Summer is time for family vacations, camp adventures, leisurely afternoons at the pool and … summer tutoring. Your child wants to be carefree, and there is enough time for blocks of leisurely hours without a schedule. But it’s crucial to reinforce what he or she has learned during the school year and prepare for next year.
Here are five reasons to make time for summer tutoring:
- Helps prevent summer loss. All students experience learning losses unless they engage in educational activities over the summer. On average, students lose approximately 2.6 months of grade level equivalency in math skills during the summer months.
- Is a confidence building experience. If your child has struggled during the school year, summer is the perfect time to focus on challenging areas. After summer tutoring, your child will head back to the classroom more competent and confident.
- Is a great time to master difficult concepts. Key material and concepts are repeated throughout your child’s education. If your child could use some extra help and reinforcement, take the time this summer to make sure that he or she has mastered necessary skills.
- Keeps students engaged in academic activities. To prevent learning loss over the summer and to continue with progress made during the school year, it’s a good idea to keep up your child’s academics over the summer. The routine will make it easier to head back to school at summer’s end.
- Is a stress-free time of year. Since there’s more time and less pressure in the summer, it’s a good time to catch up or focus on skills. Your child may benefit from coming to tutoring in the late morning when he or she is fresh instead of in the evening after an already busy school day.
The bottom line: Summer tutoring helps your child get ahead.
We offer private summer tutoring for students in pre-kindergarten through high school in all core subject areas. Our experienced and caring educators provide one-on-one instruction designed to meet your child’s learning style. Without the pressures of schoolwork, your child can focus on a subject or two and take the extra time to absorb the information.
We also offer SAT and ACT test preparation. Your high school student can come for one-on-one tutoring or get together with some friends for some small group sessions. However you like to work, take advantage of the summer pace to get a jump start on fall testing.
Contact us to learn more about summer tutoring!